Service Dog Support & Training Solutions
Established in Jan 2017 and quickly formed into 501c3 nonprofit organization in June. SDSTS was created to fulfill a need in Utah and nationwide to assist those who are in need of a Service Dog. We provide training support for those with Service Dogs and assists with ongoing training for those currently with Service Dogs. SDSTS provides in person training for businesses to support them in their rights when it comes to Service Animals.
- Provide Training: We provide Service Dog training to those who are beginning with a Service Dog and ongoing training with those who already have a Service Dog.
- Public Education: We are currently educated the public of the rights of those with Service Dogs and businesses. We do this by attending events, passing out business cards and reaching out to other organizations.
- Shelter Dogs: Established in Jan 2017 and quickly formed into 501c3 nonprofit organization in June. SDSTS was created to fulfill a need in Utah and nationwide to assist those who are in need of a Service Dog. We work with local shelters for potential Service Dog candidate. This gives us the ability to get shelter dogs another option in being rescue.
- Donations: We work with a number of grocery stores who donate damage goods to us. We then distribute to those who are in need. Stuff we are unable to use then get sent to several animal rescue groups.
- Scholarship: We have a separate account created that individuals with low income can apply to obtain money or credit towards their training and supplies towards there training.
- Obtain Physical location: Currently, we are training various malls and public places. We would like to have our own place to do training without the public distraction. This would also allow us to accept donations without the need of using storage of our board members
- Nationwide Awareness: We want to expand our reach to every corner of the nation using the online technology to assist in training Service Dogs. We also want to have conventions in which we bring on guests to provide latest updates in training, gear and other way to make people with disabilities to feel normal.
- Create our own Rescue: With the working career of a Service Dog being at 7 years, We would want to create a rescue to re-home these dogs to finish out there retirement. There would also be some dogs that would need to be re-home because they did not successfully complete the program.
- Emergency Support Fund: Just like us, our Service Dogs sometimes need to go to the Dr to get help at the least unexpected times. We want to create a fund that people with Service Dogs can apply to if the confirm with the Veterinarian can confirm the Service Dog can go back to its normal duties within a reasonable amount of time.